In addition to the VPSLink Terms and Conditions of Service, Service Level Agreement, and Acceptable Use Policy, our Support Policy has a direct relationship to the service you can expect at VPSLink.
VPSLink is able to offer our extremely low prices by adhering to the support policy outlined below. This is an unmanaged service, which means that you are expected to be able to administer and troubleshoot all aspects of your account.
We always support:
- Billing and Account Management Questions
- Root password resets
- Reverse DNS assignment
- The physical server that hosts your VPS - Power, Ping, Hardware, Uptime, and Performance
- The VPSLink Server Control Center
- Configuration changes that must be set outside of your server, like hostname and resolver configuration
- Access problems such as inability to login via SSH - we will troubleshoot until we are able to login
We cannot support:
- Issues related to the performance or uptime of an individual VPS account or application.
- Installing applications not available in the control panel or OS Initial installation.
- Troubleshooting or configuring any software.
- General help with Unix or server applications.
- 3rd-party control panel installation, configuration, or troubleshooting.
If you need assistance with an unsupported task, try the VPSLink Community - our wiki provides many comprehensive guides, and our forum members will often assist with technical questions.
In addition to the support resources available from the VPSLink Community, you will find that the Open Source development community readily provides documentation, mailing lists, bug trackers, and discussion forums for the applications you will use on your VPS.
VPSLink's Supprt links
VPS Backup Restoration
You are strongly encouraged to maintain your own backups as a part of
regular system administration, however, VPSLink does maintain VPS backups
for use in the event of hardware failure.